FZR 400 Genesis, First Ride


Being a lover of bikes is quite something. I was in Islamabad on this weekend and had my plans to meet MONOO (Waqas), a member at PAKWHEELS FORUMS and see his bike. Fortunately, he called me a day ago and we decided to meet. 

It was about 7 o' clock in the evening when MONOO arrived there. I could hear him coming on his roaring Genesis from quite some distance, and there came MONOO on his two eyed beast_ the FZR 400 Genesis



It was the first time that we had met. Only five minutes into talking when we noticed that its not just thatwe both ride the FZRs, our shoes are also the same

Well that shoes thing was just for fun 
I took a ride on the bike. It was the first time I was riding anything above 250. My experience of riding this bike was the same as I had when I first shifted from 125 to 250 about four years ago. You put the bike in the first gear, pull the throttle and ask yourself where all that power has come from! I rode the bike in the first and second gear almost hitting the red line, and I tell you this is a brilliant machine.

The bike does need some attention to its fairings of which MONOO is planning to invest some $$$ into restoring its looks. The electrics also need some minor adjustments, but besides that it was really a good bike.

When I compare the bike to my 250, obviously MONOO's bike has got more power and more acceleration, but the top speed for both the bikes is the same. The forks gave a better feeling on the brakes while my bike definitely has the edge when it comes to looks, styling and better looking condition, MONOO will admit that too

A few minutes of chat and then I took some pics of the bike:


And one of myself 

It was freezing cold at that time and the jersey I was wearing was no match to such extremely cold weather, hence only a few pics. MONOO then gave me a ride on the bike with he driving, and showing his control of the bike. If you know how it feels to sit on the back seat of a sport bike, you can understand why you tend to sweat when the driver is doing some speed. Good for me it was winter, I didn't sweat

It was great to meet MONOO as much as it was to ride his bike. Nice ride!





Comments